Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

First Post

Okay, so I didn't realize that myspace made people join, so screw that. Sorry for the inconvience. I feel really bad about it.

So I have decided to join the masses and create my blog. My friend, Heather, has inspiried me! Heather, I think it is fate, I have thought of you like 10 times today!!!

So I have a job at Hallmark and sometimes it really sucks working with older folks. I went and got the job because the sub jobs had been so few and far between and I have been sitting around this darn 1 bedroom apartment coloring and such, so I decided maybe it was time to venture out. Here's the worst part, I have jokes that no one else gets. Or I think them in my head and I can't say them out loud! Like today there was a girl looking for sweet 16 invitations. I had to almost do a double take because I thought it was a boy!!!! This poor 16 year old girl had a mustache! Poor thing. All I could think of when I first looked at her was "Goo" from Billy Madison! (This is how immature I am and this is so the reason that I do not have children yet!)

Then Heather, you again, I had to do a balloon boquet and worked with the helium the fisrt time and popped a balloon. That was super fun! Scared everyone in the store! Plus, not to mention the lady that I worked with told me that everytime I say "Welcome to Hallmark" it sounds like I say "Welcome to Walmart" because my accent doesn't sound like everyone else's! (and we are graded by Hallmark on greeting people. . .how the hell am I supposed to greet people if it sounds like I say Walmart???) She told me she would try and give me "Southern Belle" classes, but I think I am too mean!!
Love ya and I hope you all enjoy the perils and such:-)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home