Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

A trip to Ohio



So almost 2 weeks ago Jake and I headed off to Ohio for a long weekend. We were there to celebrate my cousins wedding. It was one of the prettiest weddings I have ever been to. It was held at the Wescott House which is Frank Lloyd Wright house in Springfield. The bride wore a dress that was made by one of her friends and she made her veil. Her sense of style is amazing and I could have never pulled it off! It was also the smallest wedding I have ever been to, but I actually loved it because I got to spend that much more time with family and that got to spend that much more time with Jake (because we know he's the one they want to see!!) I might have splurged a little bit on Jake's outfit for the wedding. . .you see, as my mother's day present partially from my grandma and partially to myself I had a dress made from Burberry fabric (I have a friend that has her own sewing/embroidery business). Well, then Sue came up with the idea that we should make Jake a matching/coordinating outfit. I must admit, we looked adorable and very well dressed!

We also made it down to Young's Dairy so Jake could have some ice cream and feed the goats. He wasn't too certain about the goats at first, but then when they would eat the food out of his hand he would giggle uncontrollably (which made all of us laugh as well!)

Pictures from the entire trip here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home