Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Monday, January 03, 2011

December update


So December has been a super busy month for us as it is for everyone. Ours was made a little more interesting by Adam's knee surgery that was the 6th of December. He has been on crutches since and still has 2 more weeks to go on them. It was a little difficult for Jake to understand that Daddy can't pick him up but things are adjusting nicely. We kicked off the holiday season with Jake before the surgery with a few little train rides and a 'reindeer' (really a horse) ride. The train pictured here was around Atlantic Station, our outdoor mall. (I have very few pictures to post of our outings right now as our PC has crashed and I only have the pictures that are on our Mac right now. . . )

We also rode the Pink Pig at Macy's in Buckhead which is a longstanding Atlanta tradition. (again, pictures to come!)



We had our faux Christmas here in Atlanta the weekend before we left so we didn't have to haul all of Jake's gifts to Ohio and then back again. Santa visited our house and dropped off an exciting new tricycle and a ton of blocks!


We ended the Christmas season with our trip to Ohio for Christmas and Jake got to really play in the snow this year!



The trip was going fantastic until Jake got a virus on Christmas night and I feel like it has been a comedy of errors ever since. We were up for about 2 hours with a very sick little boy and then it was a chain reaction. I was certain it was because he had consumed too much junk food on Christmas so we went about our normal visiting routine and in turn have infected I think now 10 family members with this crud. Not to take all the glory here but I think I got the worst of it being 27 weeks pregnant and all. Our normal 9 hour drive took us 12+ while Grandma and I took turns telling Adam to pull over to get sick. I ended up in the hospital for a day in Labor and Delivery to receive 3 bags of fluid since I couldn't even keep down ice chips. But all that has passed now, thank goodness! Like I said, Grandma came home with us but unfortunately we had to put her on a plane to go home early. At some point before we left she had fallen and was having difficulty walking. With me being pregnant and Adam on crutches we had to call the squad on her to make sure her hip wasn't broken. Well, it's not broken and she really just wanted to go home, so we got her drugged up and on a plane home to visit her doctors. Please keep your fingers crossed for her because I just talked to my aunt and she's having spasms and now they have to call the squad on her all over again.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home