Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Running in Circles

(or driving for that matter)

So, I quit Hallmark and I am now with a temp agency. With this temp agency, I was just assigned a 10 week job. (Which is really cool, we are scoring the Maryland State Graduation Test essays) Anyways, I was going to my second day of work yesterday and ran into a little trouble. You see, the loop around the city here is 285 (aka "The Perimeter"). Well, having the directions the first time, it was quite easy. Yesterday, since I have to leave at 6:30 to get there by 8, I was a little tired.

I come to where I get on 285, and I think to myself (while going 70 mph), do I need East or West? Well, West says "Atlanta" and East says "Macon and Greenville." Well, Macon is WAY south, and hell, Greenville isn't even in GA. So, I picked West. 20 minutes later when I looked up and thought it was strange that it looked like the airplanes were landing on me. I ended up at the damn airport! Shit!

So now, it's about 7:15 and traffic is really starting pick up, and I got stuck in a traffic jam, so I was 20 minutes late. ARGH! I did have enough sense to call in and tell them I was stuck in traffic. Needless to say, no one there will know that I went the wrong damn way on a great big circle. How embarrassing. And I had just gotten an e-mail from my aunt saying how "cosmopolitan" I was becoming living in a big city. Cosmopolitan my ass, I can't even go the right way on a big circle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home