Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

You know you're in the Bible Belt when-

Well, today after coming home from the gym I noticed there was something outside our neighbors front door. I actually thought she had dropped something out of her grocery bag. Nope, we had one too. It was a bar of soap. Here's the best part--it said "Jesus can cleanse you." (I think, more to come on that). Then on the back there was all the information about the Baptist church that put it there. Ours went in the trash. Yep, going to hell for that.

Okay, so it's time to blog about this fun bible belt happening and I can't remember the exact wording on this bar of soap. I tell Adam I am going to go get, okay steal, a neighbors so I can write about it. Adam said I would REALLY go to hell for that, taking something about Jesus, so I felt guilty and didn't do it. But I'm telling you, if it's still there in the morning, it's mine and I will post a pic of it.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:09 PM , Blogger Heather said...

    Is that bar of soap made especially to wash your dirty nether regions? Those teaching abstinence hope so I'm sure. Silly wabbit...

    Happy AVD!

     
  • At 10:44 PM , Blogger cassiesq said...

    It's probably to make you sterile. No, wait, they want you to go forth and multiply. . .so you give all your money to the churches down here

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home