Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Officially Done!!



Many of you did not know this, but I have been working on my master's degree and as of today, I am officially done. I have my masters in education!! (well, I don't have the diploma yet, but everything is turned in!!) I started 6 years ago (gasp) at Wright State University in Dayton. I took a quarter off due to melanoma and then we ended up relocating. So 6 years and 3 states later I'm done! A few years ago I figured out I only had 5 classes left to do so I looked into transferring the credits to a school down here. Well, I practically would have had to start over so I wasn't doing that. I am still friends with one of the girls from my cohort and she told me about another person that finished online. I contacted my adviser and got permission to finish my last 5 classes online. The final class was this fall and now everything is done!! The portfolio pictured above is a culmination of my work over the last 6 years and it took $15.00 to ship the darn thing. Anyways, what a huge weight lifted off of my chest before the baby comes! Yeah for me!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home