Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Friday, September 04, 2009

A month of firsts

So, I've been napping quite a bit lately because Jake has decided that sleep is overrated. August has been a fun month of firsts for us, some are the culprit of our sleepless nights! The biggest first which came early in August is that Jake can now sit up on his own. This led to 2 new things, sitting up in the shopping cart and sitting up in a high chair in restaurants. He's pictured here at our favorite restaurant Taco Mac. It is so much nicer for him to be able to sit up and look around, not to mention it keeps him much happier and more occupied.
Jake got his first tooth (and his second) which made us lose some sleep and most recently he got his first ear infection. Let me tell you, ear infections suck.

He has also had his first solid food which was green beans, and we haven't looked back since! He's had carrots, sweet potatoes, avocado, peas and bananas. A first for me as a mommy this month is that I am attempting to make my own baby food. It seems to be going pretty well so far. I figured he doesn't know what anything else tastes like, so he likes my cooking for now.


Another first was our first mommy and me swim class which is just so much fun:-) Here he is pictured on our first day of swimming lessons before we hit the pool. Adam is supposed to come to a lesson to take pictures of our future Michael Phelps.






We are also now out of our infant car seat and into what I call his big boy car seat! He loves it. He can finally see out the windows and he sits up more. He just hated that darn infant carrier. This new car seat is HUGE, but he will be in it until he weighs 65 pounds, so I guess kindergarten or later:-) (He better be in it for a REALLY long time as expensive as the darn thing was)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home