Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

More Vocab

So the manager tonight told me "Make sure you park your car past that cement block so the buggies don't get your car."

So, I stand there thinking, okay are buggies small bugs? Are the buggies afraid to go past the cement block to get to my car? Are the buggies going to get me? Did the buggies just get in town tonight?? So I go to the front window to figure out this buggie situation.

Buggie-is a shopping cart. They can't get to my car because they can't go over the cement block and there is a cart corral next to the cement block.

Quick Question-Is it rude to ask someone what perfume they wear because it smells so mad you want to make sure you don't buy it??? I figure they don't need to know why I'm asking!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    I love the vocab info. I've spent enough time down south and with southern authors that I've heard some, but have not lived it. I do love the co-cola word though. I think that's endearing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home