Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Friday, August 04, 2006

My new favorite Georgia word

Swamp-ass

I learned this word last night while sitting with our friends at an O.A.R. concert, and the girl, who is born and raised Southern Belle looks at me and says "I hate when it is this hot and you get swamp-ass." Now, I have never heard a true Southern Belle speak like that, so stupid me I had to clarify, and yes, it was exactly as I thought. I had swamp-ass too. I have never laughed so hard in my life. These 13 year olds at the concert probably thought we were crazy. Who cares, they probably had swamp-ass too!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM , Blogger Heather said...

    I LOVE me some swamp-ass! You really get that bad at NASCAR.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home