Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

What a weekend!



Let me start off by saying I have a HUGE case of the Sunday night blahs. I hate Sundays, and I hate to see amazing weekends come to an end.

To start, on Friday I snuck out of work early to get a moving quote, and then Adam and I hit the road. Our first stop was Charlotte, NC for a brief visit with my dad! Adam and I were headed to Raleigh for the weekend and found out at the last minute that my dad would be there, so we had a very quick visit. Since we were on our way to a beer festival, that night when we got to the bar, I asked what they had local on draft. Want to know what the waitress said? Bud, Bud Light, Coors, Coors Light. I totally had to bite my tounge being the smartass that I am, and not say, "Wow, all of those are brewed here? Never knew that." It was such a fun visit with my dad, even though Vickie really doesn't look happy in the picture, we did have a good time together!

Then Saturday morning we were back on the road headed to Raligh for the World Beer Festival! What a fantastic day (picture 2)! The funniest thing was how many times Adam was stopped for wearing his Great Lakes shirt from Cleveland. I think we lost count after 5 or 6. Ahh, the beer we miss the most. We really did have a great time.

Now what really sucks is it is Sunday night and we are home. I hate this house now that there is an end in sight. I SO can't wait to get out of it. We move in 3 weekends and I can't wait!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home