Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Best $40.00 ever spent

So, I was flying back from Ohio last weekend, and was a train wreck when I had to leave my Grandma. These have been the hardest 2 weeks of my life, but I'm slowly getting better. Anyways, I'm walking through the airport crying, but I'm ugly when I cry so people are looking at me. My eyes are really red and my upper lip swells when I cry, I was a complete mess. So I get to my gate and realize that there is a High school girls softball team on my flight, and then they are discussing rows. I was right smack dab in the middle of all of them. "Well Fuck" was all I could think. So I walked up to the counter and asked if there were any seats available in first class, there was, so for ONLY $40.00 I upgraded!!! It was awesome! I drank 3 beers on my one hour and 9 minute flight. I just might have to do that more often.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:05 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    Your subject says it perfectly!!! Way to treat yourself - could have been the worst flight ever, and instead, all circumstances aside, sounds like it was one of the best. Well done!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home