Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Monday, September 07, 2009

Our Manual Labor Day Weekend

Okay, so since Adam graduated in May he has had a honey do list of things that have piled up around here because he was so busy with school. One of the things on that list was to paint the guest bathroom. (He also had to sand the walls down because the idiots that lived here tried to paint a second coat while the first was still wet resulting in drips and a nasty looking textured wall.) I very nicely asked him to get this done by September 15th because my Grandma is coming back and I wanted it done by then. Well, painting the guest bathroom turned into "let's put a new floor down" and a new floor turned into "let's get a new vanity" and that turned into a new mirror, a new light, new fixtures, new shower curtain. . .you get the picture (and this wasn't my idea, ALL his). This process actually started a little bit last weekend and I'm not sure how it happened, but I'm the one that ended up painting the bathroom Thursday and Friday while Jake was napping. Sure glad it was on Adam's list (grrr). It is a good thing I got the painting done last week because it allowed Adam to get everything done in there this weekend. It looks a TON better and my husband is a rock star that he can do all of this! (Please ignore the spot on the wall that still needs sanded and painted, we had an 'oops'). The only thing left for us to do this week is hang our towel bars:-) Plus I need to see if I can find any before pictures of it to show you how far we've come. Here are just a few pictures from this evening.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home