Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

More tales from the world of my job

I don't know if it is because it is raining here in Atlanta today, but the stupid callers are in abundance! Here are a few examples of calls today for your amusement.

Caller #1-"Um, yes, hi, I was wondering if there was a way to search for "felon friendly" jobs on your website. I have been convicted of a felon and no one wants to hire me because of my conviction and serving time."

You think? I wouldn't hire him.

Caller #2. This caller is a Registered Nurse. Scary that she is responsible for giving medicine and shots, etc. "I have a problem with my account"
me- "okay ma'am, what is the e-mail address you use to log in with?"
Her- (spelling it out) "http semicolon forward slash forward slash www dot .com"
Me- Yes ma'am, that is our website address, what is the e-mail address you use to log in with?"
Her- (still spelling it out) "http semicolon forward slash forward slash www dot .com"
I will spare you the other 5 times she spelled it out for me insisting that that was her e-mail address until
Her "Oh, you mean the thing with the little at thingy in it?"
me "yes ma'am, and what is that?"
So I explain to her that when people apply for her job, they are e-mailing her their resumes, and then I get
"but how do I check my e-mail?"

For the love of god, give me a break!

Caller #3
A Sales Rep calls me because his client is having difficulty. I ask him to forward me the e-mail that his client had sent him. Everyone that works here e-mail address is firstname.lastname@mycompany.com . I give him my name and he asks me "is that at my company.com?" Um, you called me, at work, I answered the phone, hello my company, and we work for the same damn company!

What a day.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM , Blogger The Kopelmans said...

    Omg, these people are a riot! You should keep a running log of these idiotic conversations just to make yourself feel better. :)

    And I am way too familiar with the Oscar's-evil-twin story! Luckily he has outgrown some of that, but those Bostons can be stubborn!! The fact that you can just pick them up if all else fails is a very, very good thing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home