Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

1st Time

So, for the first time in 6 years it is the night before the first day of school and I don't give a shit!
Want to know why??? Because I don't teach anymore!! I had been wondering if I made the right decision, but as I called some teacher friends to wish them luck with the upcoming school year, it hit me. I am SO glad to be trying something else! Now I don't lay in bed at night and worry if I have enough lesson plans! HA! It is a truly wonderful feeling, I never knew that some people could go to bed and night and not worry about everything that was going to happen the next day!

So, my job at Careerbuilder.com rocks, and did you know that last quarter Careerbuilder actually surpassed Monster.com as the largest online recruitment website? It is also nice to work for a company that hasn't been taken over (Springfield City Schools) by a larger 'power' because they can't handle money! I truly feel like I am living the high life!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:57 PM , Blogger The Kopelmans said...

    WAIT! I'm out of the loop and didn't know you a) quit teaching and b) got a new job?!? What are you doing at CareerBuilder? I get their job updates every day, aren't you proud?? :)

     
  • At 10:13 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    Cassie, find me a job in Chicago!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home