Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Another new job!!

Well, for those of you that didn't know, I quit my job!!!!! With all of the icky stuff that happened in the month of March, I realized just how unhappy I was. So, I went out and found a new job, and I'm back in the classroom again!! I LOVE it! I finally feel like I'm 'me' again. I am teaching at an at-risk private middle school, and it's fantastic. Although, it's very surprising when you are helping and adorable 6th grader who is reading on a 10th grade level and doing high school math, and you find out the reason he got kicked out of regular school is because he took 3 knives to school with him. . . hmmmm, reminder to stay on his good side. But it is completely awesome, and there is not one doubt in my mind that I made the right decision!! The only thing that sucked was that I had to turn in my all expenses paid company car. On the bright side, I got an adorable brand new '08 Honda Civic. When it was all said and done, it was cheaper for us to buy a brand new Civic rather than a used Accord, so that's what we did! (pics to come of my new cute car:-))

1 Comments:

  • At 5:33 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    CONGRATS on the new job, Cassie! It's so great to hear you happy and feeling more like yourself again. And congrats on the new car, too!! As a 7-yr Civic owner, I can tell you that you've made a wonderful choice (and that I'm jealous yours is new!). :) Enjoy!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home