Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

How to make Yellow Jackets mad

The easiest way that I have found to make yellow jackets mad is to mow over their in ground nest with the lawn mower. I really wouldn't recommend doing this though, as they get so mad they attack you. I learned such a lesson yesterday while I was trying to be helpful and mowed the front yard. I can laugh at this now, as my pain has subsided with the help of my Tylenol with codine from my doctor.

I was about half way across the front yard when my butt started hurting terribly bad. (Adam laughs at me, but I thought I had been shot by a bee bee gun or something. Adam called it the "lawn sniper.") Anyways, so I reach back and grab my butt and get stung on both hands. That's when I took off running like a wild banshee across the front yard to the garage. When I made it to the garage I realized that the damn bees were still stuck in my shorts, so that's when I took my shorts off. I am grateful that our garage does not face the street, since I was standing in my underwear screaming and crying in pain. I called Adam to come home from work, which he did, and we decided to go to urgent care. After sitting in the waiting room for 2 freakin' hours, they give me some topical cream and send me home. Whatever. What about the pain? So I call my doctor's office and explain to them that I have been stung at least 8 times, if not more, and hello Tylenol 3! I love it!! I am much better this morning, and the swelling has gone down considerably, so I'm able to laugh about it now.

To catch you up, over the 4th we went to see some old college friends of ours in Hilton Head (pics here). Holy crap, it was beautiful. The best part? His parents owned this amazing beach house, estimated at around 2 million dollars! It was perfect! It was a great time, but it sure wasn't fun to come home again. . .

2 Comments:

  • At 5:02 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    Haha, omg Cass, your bee story has me laughing out loud! Glad your codeine is working, and your Hilton Head trip looked great!

     
  • At 12:40 AM , Blogger Mike S. said...

    Cassie

    Email me at stelzone@sbcglobal.net I have a question about a mutual friend.

    I feel your pain by the way, I had one latch onto my mustache and sting away. Dad said I looked like daffy duck,I thought he was hilarious as I sat in pain.

    Also glad to hear your back where you belong, a classroom. You are a natural at it.

    Mike S.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home