Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

This is so bad

How bad is it to get mad at a mentally retarded person? Here's the story:

Preface: At lunch on Monday my boss (who is also pregnant) and I are sitting there talking about McDonald's apple pies and how yummy they sounded. I couldn't get them out of my mind.

On to the story: So, after the kids left school at 2, I was still thinking about McDonald's, and since there is one right across the street, I thought I would go! So I run inside to get the apple pies and a diet coke (great afternoon pick-me-up!) and there is a mentally challenged person ordering next to me. Now, he has no sense of his volume and is practically yelling while he's ordering. Then he turns to me-and still yelling, he asks me when my babies are due. I reply, "In 4 weeks." He then asks how many I'm having. . . "How many babies are in there? 3 or 4?" I reply, "one." His response? "Lady, you're really big!" The entire place heard him. My cashier even had to turn around so she wouldn't laugh in my face.

OMG, seriously?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home