Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Fake snow in the cold isn't very fun




Here in Atlanta we have an outdoor live/work/play community called Atlantic Station (for my Ohio contingency that reads this it's very much like Easton, but with more condos on top of the stores). I read that on the weekends at 6 they produce fake snow around their huge Christmas tree. Well, I got the idea that we were going to go so Jake could see snow. This required Adam leaving work at 4:30 so we could beat rush hour, me feeding Jake early and putting him down for his afternoon nap a little earlier. . . you see the planning that went into this. So we get down there at 5:45 and it's pretty dark and it's maybe 42 outside. Pretty cold by my standards and I'm just worried about trying to keep Jake warm. To amuse ourselves for a bit we keep passing Jake back and forth and taking pictures in front of the ginormous tree and showing Jake the lights. Six finally rolls around and nothing. . .then, one snow machine that's attached to a light post comes on for like 30 seconds. I asked the security guard if that was it-he just shrugged his shoulders. So about 10 freezing minutes later 3 other snow machines come on. Mind you, I'm looking around and in the area that we are in there are probably 15+ snow machines, but they decide to turn on 3. There were so many kids that rushed where the fake snow was falling we couldn't even get close to get a picture with Jake. Needless to say we were both disappointed and now we are hoping for snow even more when we're in Ohio for Christmas. We did get a pretty good laugh about how much we talked about it and planned and it was such a bust, one of those things I guess we'll look back on later and laugh even more.

Here are the pictures from tonight--I know everything I've ever posted on here has been on Kodak but they have frustrated me for the last time--I have officially switched to snapfish. Sorry for the inconvenience!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home