Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Martha F#@kin Stewart and the Stupid F*!kin Gym

So, Adam and I joined the gym for our new years resolution (hey heather, we are one of those that you hated on). Well I decided 2 things tonight while on the elliptical for 40 grueling minutes.

1. As much as I love reading my Martha Stewart magazines, don't EVER take one to read while you are working out. There are so many food pictures in there. . .Especially the chocolates in this months issue made the time hell! I hated her for those 30 or so minutes I was torturing myself. The ginger chocolate cookies were my fav pic. Even the guy next to me was laughing about what a cruel world it is when you are looking at those pictures while exercising.

2. The girls under 21, even 18, who have not discovered good beer to chunk them up a little bit, or are still waiting for hips should have to go to a totally different gym. You know the ones, with the cute little skin tight tanks and the little spandex matching pants that NEVER seem to sweat. I HATE them too. While I am looking at pictures of chocolate telling myself if "I really want to lose weight, I can't try that new recipe of ginger chocolate cookies," and sweat dripping off of me, these little no-hip, spandex clad, perfect hair and make up are acting like it's nothing. I hope since they don't have hips, it REALLY hurts them BAD when they have kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home