Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Friday, November 17, 2006

You can tell when it's a mans idea

Sometimes it just totally sucks to be a girl. We have a party to go to this weekend at the Fox Theater. I am really excited about it and I really think it will be amazing! It is a pre-holiday party for Adam's masters program. Here is the deal that sucks. The attire on the invitation says "Business to Cocktail." Can you tell it was a man? What woman in their right mind would leave such a huge gap? Guys have it so easy. khakis, button down and a tie. Me? Do I wear a cocktail dress? Skirt and shirt? Slacks and a sweater? ARGH! MEN!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM , Blogger The Kopelmans said...

    So... what did you wear??? I'm sure you looked great, but I'm with you on this one! The invitation author obviously isn't married. :)

     
  • At 3:06 PM , Blogger cassiesq said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:09 PM , Blogger cassiesq said...

    I found a black flowy skirt with all kinds of layers and then a light pink sweater with beading and sequins around the neckline. I was dressed very appropriate compared to others there. There were girls there in slacks, clear up to full blown cocktail dresses. I was very comfortable too, which is all that matters! Free yummy cosmopolitans made the night!!

    3

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home