Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

So much to catch up on!




So things have been crazy busy lately. Last weekend I was in Ohio to see my family and to attend a real version of "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." My mom's best friend's daughter got married. It was a beautiful wedding, complete with Greek dancing. I even got to have dinner with Adam's parents one night while I was home for the long weekend (family pics here). I had a terrible flight home from Ohio on Tuesday. My hour and thirteen minute flight turned into a 6 hour ordeal. We circled over South Carolina for almost 3 hours, and then they landed us in Macon, GA. I was supposed to land at 6, I was finally on the ground around 10. Ick!! Darn thunderstorms. . .but we need the rain so bad.





So the weekend after I returned from Ohio, a bunch of friends rented a cabin in North GA for my 30th birthday! We had an amazing time!! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. We also made a very special announcement while we were at the cabin. . .drum roll please--Adam and I are going to be parents! I have been keeping it a secret for almost 11 weeks now, I am due February 19th! Can you believe it? I still can't. I keep looking at my ultrasound pictures trying to make sense of it all!!

Yesterday my teacher work days started for 3 days this week, and then full time next week. Man school starts early down here! Oh well, at least it will keep me busy.

So now I am all caught up, and I feel much better now that my secret is out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home