Life in the South

The trials and tribulations of parenthood and living away from family from a "Yankee" raising a baby in the south.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Tis the season?

I have decided that it is incredibly hard to get into the Christmas spirit when we are having a friggin heat wave! It was 68 this morning at 7:45 when I left for work, how in the world am I supposed to get in the Christmas mood when I need to turn the AC on in the car because of the humidity? Whatever.

So to fill you in on the Holiday party at the Fox theater. It was very interesting. When I think of hors d'oeuvre I think of like quiche, crackers, mini sandwiches, etc. We had a mashed potato bar and macaroni and cheese! Well, I guess we are in the South. But then to fancy it up at bit, we got to eat the macaroni and cheese out of oversized martini glasses! It was so very amusing to see women in ball gowns eating good ole' mac and cheese! It was a good time, and yummy free cosmos! (and the best part was the bartender was from Kettering, Ohio!)

2 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Who was the bartender? I wonder if I know him?! And I agree - this unseasonable warmth is killing my holiday mood! Thank god wind/rain/sleet/snow will roll in tomorrow.

     
  • At 11:14 AM , Blogger cassiesq said...

    It was actually a lady and she was older than us, actually never got her name! but it was fun to talk about all the different places, especially restaurants we miss!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home